Where do I start to find coverage for home health care services?

  1. Start by searching the federal government's Eldercare Locator to find your local Area Agency on Aging. These agencies have resources on home health care and are the gateway to Medicaid, if needed.

  2. You can also check the National Council on Aging's BenefitsCheckUp to learn which programs you or your loved one may qualify.

  3. Help with home-care bills may be available through Medicaid if the care recipient has a low income or limited assets. Speak with your Medicare representative to find out which home health services and under which circumstances, are covered.

  4. If applicable, contact the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to see if your loved one qualifies for home-care support as a former service member.

  5. Contact your local PACE organization.

  6. Lastly (or maybe firstly), speak with your tax accountant regarding tax deductions available. Then, when you are fully informed, speak with your loved one's doctor to form a plan of action.

See below for more answers to your home health care questions >>

>> What is the difference between home care and home health care?

>> How can I afford home care or home health care services?

>>What are people using to pay for home health care services?

>>What government assistance programs are available for home health care services?

>>What home health care services does Medicare cover?

>>What home health care services does Medicaid cover?

>>What home health care services does Veteran's Programs cover?

>>What home health care services does PACE cover?


PHN: 313.402.2399 |  8225 Allen Road  |  Suite 111

Allen Park, MI 48101

  • Facebook Link
  • Linked In Logo linking to page
Email Icon Linking to nmc651@gmail.com

© 2019 by  AHHD